HONORARY HUMANITARIAN AMBASSADORS – DIAMOND (INSTITUTE LEVEL)
Recognizing that many students are frequently involved in several humanitarian engagements and social developmental activities across various campuses and academic communities; helping in transformational change campaigns as humanitarian advocates, hence the Institute for Humanitarian Studies and Social Development has decided to honor a diversity of academic students as Ambassadors in Federal Universities, State Universities, Federal Colleges of Education, State Colleges of Education, Federal Polytechnics, State Polytechnics, Private Universities, and Private Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Selected applicants for this category would be expected to head and operate within their academic institution embarking on various on/off campus projects and assignments. This SPECIAL STUDENT AMBASSADOR will be in charge of creating and heading up a humanitarian-volunteers club in their institution.
These positions are for students who have demonstrated significant individual contributions to their social environment and academic community through distinguished university-public engagement on humanitarianism. University-public engagement is defined as organized and sustained activity that applies the expertise of a faculty and academic profession of a student beyond the campus and into local, state, national and non-profit public arenas to benefit humanity. Engagement or service resulting in personal monetary gain is not considered public service. Some of the engagements that make a student eligible as a humanitarian ambassador of the institute are:
- Conducting Short Or Long Term Social Or Humanitarian Research In Collaboration With Community Partners In Which Both The Campus And The Community Entities Accrue Benefits;
- Creating And Sustaining Partnerships With Organizations Such As Schools And Businesses, Local Governments, Local Clubs And Community Based Organizations, Or Public Agencies Around Critical Issues;
- Ability To Organize And Engage Students In Humanitarian Services And Peace Education Within And Outside The School Community; And Establish And Lead A Functional Humanitarian-Peace Education Clubs In The Campus With Active Membership Of The Student Population.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF STUDENTS (AMBASSADORS - DIAMOND)
Apply To Be a Diamond Ambassador
BENEFITS TO ALL AMBASSADORS AND SPECIAL ENVOYS
- The Position Bearers Would Be Accorded International Recognition By ‘Hope For Children’ CRC Policy Center In Cyprus, The UN And Other Partnering Agencies And Government In The Vanguard Of Humanitarianism.
- Opportunities For National And International Travels For Humanitarian Gathering And Exchange Programmes; Making The Voice Heard And Counts.
- The Position Will Serve As A Platform To Leverage On For Self-Improvement, Social Status Enhancement And Opportunity To Relate With Key Actors In The Humanitarian World While Receiving Recognition As A Worthy Stakeholder.
- Humanitarian Merit Award Will Be Awarded To Ambassador Who Has Performed Creditably.
- Recognition Letter/Certificate From Hope For Children (CRC Policy Center) In Cyprus Will Be Awarded To Ambassador As Child’s Protection Advocate; Promoting The UN Convention On The Rights Of The Child
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their detailed CV (not more than 4 pages) and a separate summary of narrative humanitarian profile (not more than 2 pages) showing your experiences and accomplishment in public, community and humanitarian services;
- For Applicants Of Honorary Humanitarian Ambassadors – Gold (Special Envoys), Kindly Include In Your Submission, A Photo Portrait, Letter Of Recommendation From A Former Or Serving Federal Permanent Secretary, Commissioner, Judges, Justices, Minster, First Class Traditional Rulers Or A Professor Or Any Other Citizen Of Renowned Accomplishments. The Ambassadors-Silver/Bronze Should Submit The Same Requirements As Above But With Recommendation Letter From Such Personalities At The State Level, While The Ambassadors-Diamond Should Submit Same Requirements With Recommendation Letter From The Head Of Their Institution, Dean Of Students Affairs Or Head Of Department (HOD).
- Include A Letter Of Motivation (Between 200-250 Words) Stating Your Reason For Applying And Why You Feel You Are Qualified For The Position And What You Intend To Bring Onboard As Well As Burning Humanitarian Issues You Wish To Use Your Position Address During Your One-Year Of Service.
- Send All Application Supporting Documents To Ihsdsec@Yahoo.Com Where Applicable, Please Include Links To Online Materials Or Projects Related To Individual Applicant Including Social Media, Websites And Online Resources.